This enabled transportation right into the nearest factories and greatly sped up the development of the region.
In 1880, with 5 million francs of capital, Paul founded the "French Society of Kryvyi Rih Ores".
It lies within a large urban area, administratively incorporated with Kryvyi Rih Municipality as a city of region significance.
It also serves as the administrative center of the district although it is not part of it. Standing on the Saksahan and Inhulets river, Kryvyi Rih has been a major settlement for most of its history, going back to its founding as a postal city in 1775 by the Cossacks.
The supply of mined ore far exceeded the demand, and so many mines completely suspended their work, while others had to reduce their workers and output by more than half.
As no active threats were reported recently by users, is SAFE to browse.
However, records pre-dating the existence of the city refer to the area by the same name, due to the shape of the landmass formed by the merging of the river Saksahan into the Inhulets.
Ingulets Palanka (Zaporizhian Sich administrative division) was established in 1734, and a list of villages and winterings from that time mentions Kryvyi Rih.
Kryvyi Rih in Ukrainian literally means Crooked Horn.
According to local legend, the city was founded by a crooked (Ukrainian slang for one-eyed) Cossack named Rih.